Friday, March 29, 2013

Upgrades!

Waiting for UPS to deliver my new video card and headset I ordered from amazon!

My current headset, while was a cheap Yapster headset, lasted almost 4 years until the normal wear and tear of getting caught up in my chair wheels, dropping and just general all around abuse finally paid it's toll. So I decided to splurge a little and get a "better" headset and bought the Creative HS-800 fatality set. Hope they last as long as those $10 ones did.

The video card is probably a bigger upgrade as I will be going from a GeForce 9800 GTX 512 to an MSI GeForce GT 640 1gb. My old card has been a fantastic card for several years and still performs like a boss but sometime during some GW2 play it failed and I lost the 32 bit color and everything is now in 16 bit, which looks fine most of the time but some serious color banding appears. The new card also has Dx11 support and HDMI which will be amazing on my 47 inch tv/monitor. Every review I have found said for the price this little card is a monster.

I also just recently upgraded my ram to 4 gb and my OS to 64 bit (Windows 8)

So that is the latest update and pretty much why I have been slacking on the foundry updates.

-chili

No comments:

Post a Comment