Thursday, May 16, 2013

Some spotlight love and weekend release for NoN!

This week I was surprised with the honor of being featured on the Neverwinter site for my Crypts of Carnage quest in the community spotlight.

It's something I am really proud of have but I think there are tons of other authors who are more deserving but I'll take it!

In other news, I have been working my butt off on the Necropolis maps and have the story complete, the maps complete and the encounters complete. I just need to tie up a few dialogues and proof play/check all the details to make sure it's ready to unleash to the masses. It's probably best played solo but I tried to keep in mind that players will go in groups so I tried to make it challenging but not overbearing or cheese fights.

The combat gets pretty heavy in the second half of the quest but not with stacked groups with hard abilities to destroy the player. I tried some experimental things with it that work best with a solo player but I still think groups will enjoy the story and I left a lot of room for exploration in the outdoor map with a lot more combat than the direct path will bring.

The outdoor map also has a couple of flavor items laying about for those explorers to find that should reward them with a little back story to the area they are playing.

I did manage to snag some screenshots this time as I played through it on the live server.

This is me working on the final boss room.

The first boss you encounter

A nice peek at the tower from inside a cave below.

That is all for this update, should be posting again after the quest goes live.

Peace

-chili

No comments:

Post a Comment