Sunday, April 14, 2013

Circle of Living Flame Major Updates!

Well since my last post I have been knocking away at the foundry pretty much in all my free time except for movie breaks (Oblivion and Evil Dead are must sees!)

Let's start with A New Threat: I have this quest completed now and only need to tweak out the dialogs and clutter items/lighting but it's pretty much ready to roll, at least for testing purposes and tweaking but it plays well.

Where There's Smoke: I have been super busy on this quest, my last post I mentioned getting the first map started but now I have almost the whole things finished, it's almost at the same point that ANT is currently with some minor tweaks to the detail. Which brings me to Map 3, the fire caverns. After ANT and playing with 2 maps of large caves I decided to go with a prefab map for the first time. I used one of the Cryptic designed maps because it looks amazing, problem is, it's a nightmare at placing any clutter because of the height adjustments that need to be done or your items end up on the ceiling or below the floor. This is most troublesome with encounters because you cannot adjust them with the 3d editor. Luckily the map is supposed to be nothing more than a lava filled cave with some elemental baddies to fight, which it serves that purpose well enough. I'll probably get some complaints about it being linear but I can live with that.

Extinguishing the Flame: This is the 3rd quest in this campaign (and final) and I have been working with it as well. I have the maps finished and a couple of experimental things I wanted to test, specifically the end boss encounter. I also used another Cryptic created map for this one as well, a large graveyard area that looks great and much easier to work with than the large caves (I will most likely not be doing large caves any more). I had fun playing around with the GY map and have it set up to allow the player to explore areas and find things hidden away, it should be fun. On the down side, I use 3 maps, two of which are out door maps, but they all are relatively small and I have the player back tracking through the GY, but it will be much different the 2nd time through than the first. Get you fighting pants on, there's going to be  lot of things to fight.

I did manage to snag some screenshots of some areas but the Foundry currently has a mouse cursor bug that will not allow me to go into first person and I hate taking shots from 3rd person.

Here are some anyway. Here is the link to my imgur album for this campaign.

Bridge Leading into Fort Dwelmeitre

Ruins of Fort Dwelmeitre


Mine Entrance
Old Fort Dwelmeitre
Neverwinter Guard Group getting ready to go fight some cultist. (A New Threat)

I see dead people.


Same dead people, different angle.

More dead things.

That's all for now. I will be working pretty hard to get this campaign completed for Open Beta at the end of the month as well as tweak out my previous campaign. I have a head start on the next campaign but I may just tie the rest of the stories into this campaign since they technically all deal with the Circle of Living Flame and it's head Wizards, but we'll see.

Peace

-chili

No comments:

Post a Comment