Friday, April 5, 2013

Campaign Update: Labyrith of Lunacy

I have been working quite a bit on the LoL quest as the Open Beta launch date for Neverwinter has been announced for April 30th.

Also my first quest Crypts of Carnage has been featured in the screenshot of the week!

So with that said, I have been quite busy in my spare time getting the second chapter ready for completion. I have had a bit of trouble with current bugs in the Foundry editor such as this major one:


 

But I am pretty diligent as most of the CoC quest was completed with this bug. The LoL quest is going to be quite a bit longer than CoC as I mentioned previously because I have quite a few dialogues, a lot of item interaction, finding keys, unlocking doors and reading lore pieces. Fret not,m there is also plenty of combat. Here are the bosses I have placed in map 2:

Steward Monte

Chef Lambert

Brewmaster Cobb


A fun fact: The Steward Monte got his name from a old school friend of mine named Monte Stewart. He is a great guy. I often use names of my friends in my quests (as I have done even in pen and paper days) such as Bartender Berta in the tavern portion of my quests, who is a good friend of mine from World of Warcraft.

There is still a lot of work to do as I have not tied up the ending of the quest but I am in the last area of the maps to do so and have changed the quest quite a bit from the beginning as ideas stem from creation. I will say that this chapter is where the player finds out a ton more about Darius, his role in the CoC back story and the larger story of the Circle of Living Flame and the "God" Netho'relok.

I'm not sure if there will be a chapter 3 to this story arch, as this story seems to reveal most of the information that was going to be introduced there, so this might end with 2 chapters that lead into the Circle of the Living Flame campaign where as the 3rd chapter in that one ties Darius to the Circle and the main villain of that campaign as well as leads into the next campaign.

I still have to fine tune the dialog and add more clutter to the maps as well but I suspect this quest will be ready for open beta come the end of the month.

Here are a couple of bonus screenshots of random areas in the upper map of the LoL.



Until next time, be safe and play hard.

-chili

No comments:

Post a Comment