Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Minor Labyrinth of Lunacy Update and Next Quest in the Story is Almost Ready.

I made some minor changes to the Labyrinth of Lunacy quest tonight after getting some feedback from Nyghoma (fellow author, check out his quest Gloomlight).
  1. Made the quest easier to follow at some points.
  2. Changed some quest objectives to help players find where they should be. (sparkly trail)
  3. Added invisible walls to prevent trail from leading through solid objects/walls where the player cannot pass through.
I also have been putting in major time to my next quest Circle of the Living Flame Pt 1: A New Threat and I think players will enjoy it as much as they have the previous two. It goes back into the heavy hack and slash  and dungeon crawl, which are things I enjoy myself and my work reflects that. This time though we are heading into a large cave complex with large open areas and claustrophobia inducing tight passages.

I spent a lot of time meticulously placing all the assets and lighting and I think it looks great. I just need to do  bit more polish with some encounters and dialog tweaks and maybe some subtle lighting changes here and there.
I’m debating whether or not to prevent players from falling below the floor in some areas but I like the bottomless pit feel and it may cost me some ratings, which is fine because some players are dicks and give shitty ratings for no reason other than because they can, fuckers.

Anyway, I will be publishing this quest soon so stay tuned.
No Screenshots, sorry.
Peace
-chili

No comments:

Post a Comment