Friday, April 19, 2013

The End of the Foundry Beta - What I Will Do in the Down Time

The End of the Foundry Beta.

Well, the foundry beta has come to a close. I think I probably needed it to close to give myself a break as I have spent every free minute of the last week(s) cramming things together for open beta on the 30th. This included of course tweaking the DoD campaign and a ton of new material (CotLF/Secret Project) to keep me busy after launch for quite some time.

In the mean time, a fellow author (Moondawg) has enlightened me to the MS Office tool called One Note, which I got to play around with a bit and discovered it's awesomeness to organizing my material for the foundry. This will be a staple in my future quest and campaign creations as it makes keeping everything I need to know in one nice and neat location. If any prospecting authors are reading this, get One Note, learn how to use it and USE IT!

So with that in mind, I will spend some time organizing my files for my quests and campaigns, once OB hits I will probably also try to rework all the dialogue/item descriptions in the DoD campaign and copy it over into ON just in case I have to fix something that could get broken down the line and to catch some misspellings that I am having a tough time locating (no one ever tells me where they are, just that they exist).

-chili

No comments:

Post a Comment